- Candidate must be a current resident of Crawford County and enrolled in one of the Crawford County Schools at least 1 year prior to August 2017, and she must be between the ages of 11-13 on or before August 1, 2017.
- Attendance is required at all meetings set by Princess committee (see schedule page). The only exception is family emergency, a scheduled family vacation, or a school function-Notify Princess Chairperson immediately.
- Candidates selected may not hold another OFEA title during her reign.
- Candidate must have a traditional German costume which she will wear to the Bratwurst Festival and other Festival events. Candidates must wear white hose and black shoes (preferably flats) as part of their costume.
- Contestant pictures will be taken at a date determined by the Princess Committee ( a date that works the best for the majority of the candidates).
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited during the day of interviews and the pageant. Contestants will be disqualified from participating in the event and dismissed from the pageant. In case of an emergency, the names and contact numbers will be given at the first meeting.
Judging will be based on two aspects: interview and on stage during pageant.
- Interviews will be held at The Bucyrus Public Library Thursday, August, 17, 2017. Your interview time will be given to you during one of the practices. Interview judging will be based on personality, poise and German costume.
- The pageant will be held at 3:30 on the main stage. Candidates will be judged on personality, German costume, and will answer one (random) question on stage.
Princess and Court Rules and Regulations
- The Bratwurst princess court will attend an informational meeting on Friday morning of the festival at 9:00 am. BOTH parents of a court member MUST attend to sign contracts. Please bring insurance card and date of last tetanus shot.
- During the Bratwurst Festival the Princess and her court will become solely dedicated to the festival for participation in all events on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. A schedule of events will be given to the winners.
- The Princess and her court will travel to 3 festivals, Crestline, Marion and Tiffin. They will appear in the parade and will attend luncheon (if both aspects are offered.) Princess and court must conduct themselves in a manner that will promote a positive image for themselves, the Bratwurst Festival, and the City of Bucyrus.
- The Princess and court will be chaperoned by members of the Bratwurst Festival board, Princess Committee, or chaperones, and /or parents appointed and approved by the Bratwurst Festival Board.
The Bratwurst Festival asks that a parent attends practices with their daughter.
Get Acquainted Tea Thursday, June 22 at 6:30(council on aging)
June Practice Thursday, June 29 at 6:30(council on aging)
July Practice Thursday, July 27 at 6:30(council on aging)
August 16, 2017 (evening before the festival on stage practice)